We recognise that this is a difficult time and that home schooling is not an ideal scenario for anyone. We understand that students may be sharing devices, have limited access to Wi-Fi, are contributing to childcare and can struggle to keep up with the work. We have put together a few suggestions and guidelines on how to follow the plan until we return to school. Until then all we ask is that you do your best to check in with your son/daughter’s learning every day and let us know if there are any difficulties. We will do everything in our power to support you as best we can.
Sign in (to the first two) using your school email address e.g. email@example.com and then enter your password.
If you have any difficulty with this please contact the school on 01 8343165 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to help you out.
Once you’ve taken a picture/screenshot of your homework:
1. Enter the teacher’s name. If you can’t remember, go back into your emails and check.
2. Put in the subject.
3. Click on the paper clip to attach your photo.
4. Click send.
- Work will be given to students according to the timetable they have been issued via their school email. (Please check timetable daily) Click here for timetables
Teachers will issue work, assignments etc. weekly for every class.
- Some teachers will teach a virtual class online via Microsoft Teams/Zoom/YouTube. We ask that all students must attend these with their camera switched on. Other teachers may give work from the textbook or activities online.
- It is important that your child tries to focus on the 4/5 subjects timetabled for that day. They need to check their emails first thing every day and again before they log off in the evening and make a note of any zoom classes that they have to be present for during the week.
- Secondly they need to check Teams (assignments, class notes or files) to see what assignments teachers have given.
- They can do any written work into their copies, photograph it and email it back to the teacher or type it in a word document and email directly.
- If there is a zoom class timetabled the teacher will email the student with a link. When they click on the link they should be brought straight into the zoom class at that time.
- We will be keeping a record of how each student has engaged and this may form part of their predicted grades or used for assessment so it is vital that they do their best to engage fully with teachers.
- It would be ideal if your child could try and do the work within the hours of the normal school day. We know that is not always possible with shared devices but in terms of mental health it is better to keep a regular working/sleeping routine.
• We expect students to behave online as if they were in school.
• When attending a Zoom/Video class please keep your video on and your mic off unless you are asked to speak.
• Dress appropriately
• Remember the School Code of Behaviour and the school Digital Media and Acceptable Usage Policy apply
• Never take screen shots, photos or recordings unless asked to by the teacher
For more information please view our policy:
Interim Policy on the Use of Technology for Remote Teaching & Learning